Please join the 1,000+ local members of Aspetuck Land Trust. Individual membership contributions are vital to our success and made up 72% of our annual budget in 2011!
Reason #1: Your Support Preserves Local Open Space
- In 2012, we preserved the 34-acre Randall's Farm property in Easton.
- We're partnering with Friends of Southport on a new 10-acre park in downtown Southport which will be open to the public in 2013.
- Hundreds of volunteers improve our trails, remove invasive plants, prune blueberries and apple trees, lead our educational hikes, and maintain our trails.
Randall's Farm Preserve in Easton
Reason #2: Your Support Protects Endangered Species
Eastern Newt in a Vernal Pool
- We have results from the wildlife survey in our 1,009 acre Trout Brook Valley Conservation Area, one of the largest forest blocks in the region and the “lungs of Fairfield County.”
- 17 CT Endangered Species and 80 species of Greatest Conservation Need were discovered and an incredible 146 bird species were found on the property.
|Click here to see video from our hawk hike in the Trout Brook orchard – the last great field on the Northeast Coast.|
Reason #3: Your Support Gets More Children Outdoors
- Over 5,000 children have visited the Natural Playground at our Leonard Schine Preserve in Westport.
- Hundreds of families have participated in our Short Hikes for Short People.
|Nature through a child's eyes|
Reason #4: Your Support Creates Local Adventures
- Over 10,000 people a year visit our 1,009 acre Trout Brook Valley Conservation Area which has 21 miles of trails for hikers, x-country skiers, runners, mountain bikers, dog walkers, birders and equestrians.
- Our 44 trailed nature preserves in Westport, Weston, Easton and Fairfield have over 30 miles of hiking trails.
- We create opportunities to explore with your child. Click here to learn more
Hikers in Trout Brook Valley
Birds, Butterflies and Paper Airplanes hike
We are local. We are your neighbors. We are your Land Trust.
- Aspetuck Land Trust
Trees uprooted from ledge on red trail in TBV
- Please consider increasing your donation by $20 to help us with Hurricane Sandy cleanup costs. Click here to visit our Membership page to join by credit card.