Why Donate Your Land?
Aspetuck Land Trust is here to help you find the right solution to fit your financial needs and the needs of your family while conserving your land in the most appropriate way. Conserving your land is one of best legacies a person can leave to future generations. It also may be the best strategy for those who:
- Believe in conserving the natural beauty around us and in our community
- Do not wish to pass the land on to heirs
- Own property but no longer use it
- Own highly appreciated property
- Have substantial real estate holdings and wish to reduce estate tax burdens
- Would like to be relieved of the responsibility of managing and caring for land
Land donation may provide substantial federal income tax deductions and estate tax benefits. Although Aspetuck Land Trust focuses on preserving open space, commercial or residential property may also be donated, with the understanding that the property would be sold to support future conservation efforts.
The tax benefits from any donation depend greatly on your individual tax situation. Please consult with your tax advisor for a complete analysis of how a donation to Aspetuck Land Trust would affect your taxes. CLICK HERE for more information from the Connecticut Land Conservation Council on the tax benefits of preserving your land.
Upon review of the information on our website, if you have any question for us about donating your land, please contact David Brant, Executive Director either by phone: 203-331-1906 or email: email@example.com. The mailing address for Aspetuck Land Trust is: PO Box 444, Westport, CT 06881