Seasonal Hunting Information
Spring turkey hunting archery and shotgun season will be in progress in a portion of Trout Brook Valley from: April 25th to May 26, 2018.
Hunting Area boundary is marked by signs.
All other hunting is prohibited. Hunters must park in Bradley Rd permit parking area.
Hunting from 1/2 hour before sunrise to Noon.
Hunting or carrying of firearms or bow and arrows is not allowed beyond the hunting area boundary
No hunting is allowed on Sundays.
Please report incidents to: DEP @ 1-860-424-3333
Note: Hunting is not allowed anywhere in Connecticut on Sundays, so if you are concerned, that is the best day to hike.
When hiking during hunting season, a few simple precautions to take are:
- Since the deer are white-tailed, avoid wearing white when in the woods during hunting season.
- Wear something blaze orange. Also if you have a dog, tie something brightly colored around their neck. Blaze orange vests are also available for dogs.
- Hike midday since hunters are normally out early morning or late afternoon.
- Hunters in TBV are required to park in the Permit Parking Area (inside the gate). If you see a vehicle parked there then you know someone is hunting.
- The TBV hunting area is on the west side. Over half of TBV and all of Crow Hill and Jump Hill (700 acres) are outside the hunting area. There are hunting-free trails from all of the access points.
All other Aspetuck Land Trust preserves are hunting-free.